Although Tuesday was the first day of school, today was really the first "Real" day for Max. He is taking the bus both ways to school and his whole class is there today. I didn't shed a tear on Tuesday, I knew he was ready for school and so excited. Today was a different story. I was a nervous wreck about him taking the bus. Since he has afternoon Kindergarten, only Kindergartners ride the bus to school with him. He is the first stop so when he got on the big yellow school bus he was the only one on there. He looked so little and innocent and when the bus pulled away and he was waving his little hand at me, I literally thought I was going to throw up. Right after he left I jumped in the car and drove up to the school. I wanted to make sure that he got off the bus OK and knew where to go. He did great and was unloading his backpack when I met him in the class. I gave him a quick kiss and said that I would see him in a little bit. When I got in the car, Wayne called me on my cell to see how it all went....I burst into tears :-) Trying to keep it all together for Max, I finally lost it.
The picture below is of Jill and I having a yummy lunch today. We were meeting to celebrate that I finally have a couple free hours a day. I think the real celebration is that I survived Max going to Kindergarten and taking the bus!
9 comments:
i love this post---you are so sweet!
glad everyone survived! hope there are no meltdowns in your future...for either you or max. :)
and, thanks for a fun lunch! looking forward to many more this year!
Did Max shed any tears?
I thought that was a little too smooth the other day:) At least you had Jill to help get your mind off of things! That lunch looks so delicious- what the heck it that?
Congrats to Max on his first big day of K- and especially on riding the bus alone.
Susan...the salad is a Luau salad from Cheesecake Factory...really yummy
That is so sweet, what a nice mom you are ! I dare say the morning good-byes will get easier, and then you can really start enjoying that free time :)
Oh my goodness, when you said that you wanted to throw up...we are a few years away from this, but I can understand! How scary to send your baby off on a big bus all alone!
You are so sweet Kris! I had tears in my eyes as I finished reading this post! Enjoy your few hours each day...
Love and prayers! ~ Bev
Post a Comment