Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Maui 'Noi Ka Oi'

Max's first steps on Kaanapali Beach






Appetizers in the condo






The girls in their new dresses for the Luau








A beautiful day at the cemetery







Sunset in Lahaina





We spent hours in the pool as well







A highlight for all 3 kids was learning how to boogie board at Napili Beach





My favorite thing





The kids at sunset



Guess who got a tattoo??????








sorry Dad






Just like the tide......we will return (hopefully soon)


7 comments:

Anne said...

so beautiful! the girls look so pretty in their dresses. love the tat!

susan said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all your pictures. Cannot believe how beautiful the water and beach is there! That pic of you out in the water with the mountain background is so cool. The kids look amazing- tan and HAPPY and excited. The cemetery looks beautiful- how special to go there with everyone. CANNOT believe the tattoo- still wondering if it is a temp.? If not, I'm impressed and shocked :) Perfect reminder of your trip!

Uncle Steve said...

Great pictures Kristi! Love the first one of Max with sunglasses on the beach! And your family sunset picture! The girls in their dresses (and tans) look like locals! Fun that you went to a luau- did the kids eat poi?? Seems like an activity packed trip. Seeing Dad's plaque with the lei brought a couple tears to my eyes.

Jill said...

great pics...what an awesome trip. can't wait to see all the photos...unedited.

2kamuela47 said...

I love the pictures! I have to visit Maui, my 2nd home, soon! When I saw uncle's plaque I teared up like Steve. I will always have fond memories of him.

Now I need to make a trip to the Pacific Northwest again. I will be cheering on the Washington Huskies when they take on the Oregon Ducks! Go DAWGS!

Now is that a temporary tatoo? If it is I couldn't tell the difference.

Sending you the warm tradewinds of Hawaii Nei. Love you guys!

The Chang's said...

Maui is so beautiful!! The kids look right at home in the luau dresses and in the water!! Not sure if you really got inked, but it's a nice one if it is real!! Wayne should have gotten a matching one!! :p

Anonymous said...

Nice Tattoo!