Thursday, September 25, 2008

Off to College

Today I started a ceramics class at the local community college. I was a little nervous this am, since it has been awhile since I have done anything out of my comfort zone, but I am really glad I am taking the class. It is nice to concentrate on a block of clay for 3 hours and nothing else. It is far from easy but hoping I can get the hang of it soon. The video is what I was supposed to be attempting today....not as easy as it seems.

9 comments:

Anne said...

that does not look even a little bit easy! how did you do? good for you for doing this.

Unknown said...

Did two semesters of it as required subjects. It is fun, messy, and you end up with lots of one of a kind masterpieces.

Uncle Steve said...

That's great Kristi! I jumped back into wheel throwing at a studio in my neighborhood last spring (last time I threw was in college!) and have LOVED doing it ever since. You soon will be hooked like I am. The results are well, well worth the effort!

Jill said...

she makes it look totally easy. can't wait to get a bowl or an ashtray for my birthday. :)

susan said...

Very cool, I'll be looking for a video starring you soon!

Anonymous said...

wow that been long time. I took that classes long time ago in high school. It fun to make anything.

by karyn

MCS said...

I'm impressed! Soon you'll be making mugs just like Harriet used to. : )

Kola Family said...

Fun! I took some ceramics classes when we lived in Kirkland and loved it! You'll soon have more tiny bowls than you know what to do with!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice job! Good for you going back to college. I always new West High School Grads were really really smart!